If you have a home, you certainly also have a junk drawer. This is where you dump all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s normally a mess, and it’s often hard to find what you’re looking for. But did you think that your junk drawer could be an essential part of your life? If you store the proper items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This sounds like a no-brainer, but you’d be stunned at how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight may assist immensely when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark room.
- Batteries. Batteries are necessary for several things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Keep a couple of extra batteries on hand, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Purchase one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another essential tool that can be used for numerous tasks, from gripping something too tiny to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always a good idea to have some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, tape is always handy.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Choose small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer organized.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is required for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will always be handy.
- Scissors. Scissors are always useful, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Choose a compact pair of scissors that can easily be kept in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be used for a variety of activities, from keeping cords organized to bundling up newspapers. They’re also great for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, keep in mind the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Even though many junk drawers are messy, it does not have to be that way. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) can support keeping your junk drawer organized and your essential items quick to find. If your junk drawer is already a mess, here are some tactics for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – with just a few simple steps.
Now that you figure out what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! Yet, if you feel that your current Davis County home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, contact Real Property Management Northern Utah. We offer great rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your desired lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.